It’s an exciting time to join the JV Pharma team. Our stores and services offer a caring and customer-focused environment. Our careers are challenging and rewarding.
Working with us
We are seeking a motivated and knowledgeable pharmacist to work at the frontline of healthcare to serve the community’s healthcare needs. As experts of medicines, pharmacists are responsible for dispensing medicinal products and pharmaceutical supplies to patients, in accordance to any legal framework and ethical guidelines that govern the profession.
As a pharmacist within the community, you will also play a key role in advising patients on a variety of day-to-day queries including how to take their medication, lifestyle measures, stopping smoking, sexual health and much more.
- Advise and assist customers with over-the-counter products, including advice on how to take medication, side effects and drug interactions
- Follow protocols associated with the pharmacy of your choice scheme, and assist patients in submitting the appropriate documentation to the relevant governing entities
- Liaise with doctors about prescriptions
- Offers health promotion and prevention activities such as assisting patients on how to use devices for monitoring of blood pressure and blood glucose levels
- Perform point-of-care testing including blood pressure and blood cholesterol monitoring
- Pharmacy stock management
- Prepare and dispense prescriptions in a professional manner
- Provide a high standard in customer service
- Provide specialised services for the management of chronic diseases including diabetes, asthma, smoking cessation, and high blood pressure
- Supervise and train pharmacy support staff
- A license from the President of Republic of Malta to practice as a pharmacist in Malta (or pending registration from the pharmacy council).
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Possession of a Degree in Pharmacy (M.Pharm or equivalent)
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and point of sale systems
- Proven experience as a pharmacist
The behaviours we seek & encourage
- Ability to accept criticism and strive for improvement
- Ability to build strong working relationships with all team members and service providers in the pharmacy
- Active listening skills and compassion towards customers’ needs
- Excellent communication with a customer-oriented approach
- Good organisation skills and ability to keep stock pharmacy items in a tidy manner
- Good time management skills
- In-depth knowledge on the pharmacy products available on the market to suggest to patients alternatives in situations of unavailability or out of stock situations
- Willingness to learn and a positive can-do attitude
Thanks for your interest.
Kindly fill out this application form or forward you details to the contact details below.
JV Pharma/JV Healthcare Ltd. Navi Buildings, Pantar road, Lija LJA2021
+356 2143 7551