Attending Clinicians

Aesthetics/Plastic Surgeon 

Aesthetics is the branch of medicine that utilises procedures and techniques to improve and enhance the appearance, texture and contours of the skin, face, and body. This may be achieved either through minimally invasive techniques without general anaesthesia, such as via the use of botox and fillers, or through surgery. The procedure that is adopted is much dependent upon the patient’s goal, together with recommendations by the plastic surgeon. You may seek to book an aesthetic medicine consultation for any of the following reasons: 

  • Body changes following pregnancy
  • Loose skin from the effects of aging or major weight loss
  • Lines, wrinkles and sagging of the skin 
  • Injuries that cause disfigurement 
  • Excess fat in particular areas of the body



A dermatologist is a doctor who has the education, expertise and experience to effectively diagnose and treat skin conditions, including those associated with the hair and nails. The most common skin diseases which are treated by a dermatologist include acne, eczema, psoriasis, urticaria, warts, moles and skin cancer. Additionally, dermatologists may also perform cosmetic interventions of the skin, hair and nails to improve their appearance. You should consider visiting your dermatologist if you experience any of the following symptoms: 

  • Changes in the skin colour
  • Bumps or unusual formations
  • Flaking skin and/or foul smell
  • Hair loss
  • Ingrowing nails
  • New onset rash
  • Suspicious moles
  • Swelling and/or itching of the skin 


ENT Specialists

ENT specialists are physicians trained in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases associated with the ear, nose, and throat (ENT) as well as related structures of the head and neck. ENT specialists manage conditions such as sinus and allergies, hearing, voice and swallowing problems, balance disorders, and head, facial, and neck cancer amongst others. Although most problems associated with the ear, nose and throat can be treated by your general practitioner, you might be referred or want to visit your ENT specialist directly if you have one of the following symptoms: 

  • Dizziness, vertigo or problems with your balance 
  • Hearing loss
  • Difficulties in swallowing
  • Growths, deformities or injuries of the head or neck
  • Snoring that hasn’t improved with lifestyle modifications or is associated with breathing problems 
  • Sore throats, ear aches or sinus pain that is long-lasting or recurring 
  • Tinnitus or ringing in your ears 
  • Voice changes


General Practitioner

A general practitioner (GP) is a qualified doctor in general medical practice that has a wide range of medical knowledge to care for many types of illnesses and health issues. GPs are a patient’s first point of contact for most common medical conditions, for example if you are feeling unwell. They will focus on your health as a whole, considering physical, psychological and social aspects to provide you with the best care possible. Following a consultation, if your GP thinks that you may require more urgent or specialist care to better treat the problem at hand, he may also refer you to a hospital or another healthcare professional. You may should visit your general practitioner for any of the following reasons:

  • A new or unusual symptom 
  • Health-check ups
  • Health advice and prevention measures 
  • Issuing of medical certificates 
  • Medical diagnosis and treatments
  • Medication prescriptions
  • Ordering of screening and medical tests, as required



A gynaecologist is a doctor who specialises in the health of the female organs. They diagnose and treat health issues that are related to the female reproductive tract, including the uterus, vagina, ovaries and breasts. You may wish to visit your gynaecologist for: 

  • Changes in discharge consistency or smell 
  • Contraception
  • Emergency care relating to gynaecology 
  • Issues related to menstruation or menopause 
  • Pelvic, vulvar, and vaginal pain or bleeding
  • Routine examinations such as a smear test, pelvic and breast examination
  • Sexual dysfunction 
  • Sexually transmitted infections (STIs)


Internal Medicine & Infectious Disease Specialist 

Internal medicine specialists are clinical experts in the diagnosis and management of unsolved or puzzling medical problems, in caring for patients suffering from more than one disease and in providing ongoing care for individuals suffering from a chronic illness. On the other hand, doctors specialising in infectious diseases are those which, as the name implies, have the necessary clinical and laboratory training to make the right diagnosis and organise the best treatment plans for infectious diseases, caused by either microbes, such as viruses and bacteria, or parasites such as tapeworm. Owing to the wide variability in the presentation and severity of infections, such conditions can be challenging to diagnose and treat, warranting specialist care. Your doctor may refer you to this type of specialist for internal medicine issues such as: 

  • Abnormal bowel habit including diarrhoea
  • Abnormal liver tests
  • Chest infection, sinus issues or cough
  • Chest pain 
  • Irregular heartbeat and palpitations 
  • Loss of appetite and/or weight loss
  • Poor glucose control
  • Shortness of breath
  • Swelling of the legs
  • Uncontrolled blood pressure, cholesterol
  • Urinary tract infections


Or for infectious disease related medical concerns such as:

  • All kinds of infection: chest infections, sinusitis, pneumonia, urinary tract infections, skin infections eg cellulitis, infective diarrhoea, wound infections, fungal infections etc
  • Fever and diarrhoea in the returning travelled
  • HIV and Hepatitis
  • Infections transmitted from animals and insects
  • Latent tuberculosis (3rd country nationals with positive Quantiferon test)
  • Long-lasting COVID-19 infection
  • Orthopaedic related infections
  • Persistent fever
  • Sexually transmitted infections
  • Travel consultations including malaria prophylaxis
  • Tropical diseases



A neurologist is a doctor who has specialised in the diagnosis, treatment and management of disorders concerning the brain, spinal cord and nervous system. These include stroke, headache disorders, epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease and Alzeihmer’s disease, amongst others. A couple of reasons which may warrant a referral or direct visit to a neurologist include: 

  • Chronic or severe headaches 
  • Chronic pain that has been unsuccessfully treated by your GP 
  • Dizziness
  • Numbness or tingling
  • Movement disorders including tremors, difficulty walking and unintentional body jerks 
  • Memory problems or confusion 



A nutritionist is a person who advises clients on matters of food and nutrition to promote health and maintain a balanced lifestyle. When visiting a nutritionist, he or she will often devise a new or improved diet regimen to help you achieve your nutritional goals.  An appointment with a nutritionist should be considered if you: 

  • Are experiencing digestive issues  
  • Have an eating disorder
  • Need advice regarding meal planning 
  • Want to lose weight 


Orthopaedic Surgeon 

Orthopaedics is the branch of medicine that deals with the correction of deformities of the skeletal system. Specialist doctors, orthopaedic surgeons, are committed to providing essential care for the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of disorders associated with the bones, joints, ligaments, tendons and muscles. The most common symptoms which warrant a visit to the orthopaedic surgeon include: 

  • A reduced range of motion in one of your joints
  • Chronic pain, such as in the knee, hip, neck or shoulder
  • Difficulty in performing daily activities 
  • Instability when walking or standing 



Paediatricians are doctors who are experts in treating medical conditions affecting infants, children and young people up to 18 years of age. A paediatrician not only takes care of a child’s physical health, but also their behavioural and mental development. Babies fall under the care of a paediatrician from birth, and check-ups are routine at a frequency as suggested by your paediatrician according to the child’s age and/or any underlying conditions. You may want to visit a paediatrician either following a referral of a GP, or for any of the following reasons: 

  • Advice regarding a child’s growth and behaviour 
  • Common colds and coughs 
  • Diarrhoea and/or vomiting
  • Infections: ear, throat, eye 
  • Immunisation 
  • Rashes



Physiotherapists are medical professionals who help treat a range of illnesses, disorders and injuries through an approach that can be complementary to existing medication, or completely replace it. A physiotherapist will work with their patients to develop tailored programs for pain management or for improving or restoring functional mobility and movement. Such programs most often consist of the patient performing certain exercise for targeted muscle activation, but may also include muscle stimulation devices, acupuncture and massage therapy. The following conditions are examples in which you might consider visiting a physiotherapist: 

  • Following a surgery such as a hip or knee replacement 
  • To manage a physical limitation such as scoliosis
  • Physical pain or swelling 
  • Post-partum 



A podiatrist is a healthcare professional who is trained in treating conditions of the feet and its associated structures. You may need to visit a podiatrist if you are experiencing foot problems or as recommended by your doctor, commonly for: 

  • Bunions
  • Cracked or dry skin 
  • Flaky skin and/or foul-smelling feet 
  • Diabetic foot problems 
  • Ingrown toenails 
  • Nail fungus 



A psychiatrist is a medical doctor who has specialised in people’s mental health. Psychiatrists can diagnose and treat patients individually or in a group setting, based upon the preference and requirements of the patient and their underlying mental health issue. Treatment may include both psychological treatment and medication, according to a devised treatment by the psychiatrist. Most often, it is your GP who will refer you to a psychiatrist, however, there are certain symptoms that may want you to speak to a psychiatrist directly. These include: 

  • Isolation or social withdrawal
  • Changes in one’s personality
  • Excessive emotions such as anger, anxiety, or/and moodiness
  • Isolation or social withdrawal
  • Lack of self-care
  • Feeling hopeless and/or overwhelmed



A psychotherapist is a trained professional who uses psychological talking methods to help individuals overcome general emotional unrest and mental problems, with the ultimate goal to improve their well-being. Psychotherapists are key listeners who engage in discussion about daily events and provide assistance to help you understand what you are going through, to help you change your actions and to help you solve your problem. Psychotherapy is an effective form of treatment against mental disorders such as anxiety, depression and schizophrenia, which in itself does not involve the use of medicinal products. Other than this, it may also be a good idea to seek a psychotherapist if you are experiencing negative mental issues such as: 

  • A decrease in performance at work or school 
  • A decline in your physical health
  • Difficulty regulating your emotions may it be grief, regret, anger or sadness
  • Difficulty in building or maintaining relationships 
  • Changes or disruptions in sleep or appetite
  • Grief
  • Lack of interest in activities you previously enjoyed
  • Previous trauma

Or, if you simply want to improve yourself but you are unsure where to start. 


Sexual Health Specialist 

Sexual health is not merely the absence of disease or dysfunction in one’s sexuality, but also an important aspect of our physical, emotional and mental state of well-being. Managing sexual health related issues is a medical specialty in itself as it requires a positive and respectful approach to sexual behaviours and relationships. The ultimate goal of any consultation is to achieve safe and pleasurable sexual experiences that are free of pressure, discrimination and violence. You may wish to talk to a genitourinary (sexual health) specialist for matters related to

  • Contraception 
  • Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infections 
  • Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) therapy 
  • Sexual dysfunction
  • Sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and their adverse outcomes (such as cancer and infertility)